I hope this BLOG is a blessing to you! Have a great day! Tim

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Taking the Garbage out...



Well today we did something as a family. We cleaned the house. And I don't just mean vacuuming. We knelt down and prayed as a family. We asked the Lord to show each of us anything in our house that is offensive to the Lord. Then we took a couple garbage bags and cleaned the house, as a family. 2 garbage bags later it was done. No one fought, no one was upset. Everyone agreed. Sure, someone else may find nothing wrong with the stuff we threw away - that's ok. But this was something that we needed to do. And we could have made quite a bit of money selling the movies that we tossed. - but I can't rationalize that. I couldn't in good conscience sell what we were convicted of. 
You may be thinking..."Tim, you've gone over the deep end" Go ahead, think that way :) It really doesn't bother me. I'm responsible for my family.
When all is said and done, and I stand before the Lord - I want nothing more than to be able to say with a clear conscience - "As for me and my house, we served the Lord."
It's a journey, and we stumble sometimes. But the Lord is faithful, kind and compassionate. He's a good God. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment