I hope this BLOG is a blessing to you! Have a great day! Tim

Monday, February 28, 2011

The Roads are Icy !!!


The roads are quite icy. My son's bus was cancelled today, so he got to stay home. A good day for some father/son time. We saw a lot of wildlife today for it being so windy. 30 wild turkeys and a pair of Red Tailed hawks. I tried to get them while they were in the tree, but to no avail. As soon as I put the window down - they flew. I did get one not too bad picture of one of the soaring, but the shot I was hoping for was when they were in the tree beside each other.


Back to the roads....they are icy - very icy. So icy in fact that as we were going up one, we failed to make it up the hill. Then I had to back down the hill - the icy hill. Isaac wasn't too happy about going backward down the hill. And to top it off, a farm truck - A farm transport was coming behind us. We made it to the opposite side of the road and let him pass...then we watched. He had the hammer down, going up the hill, but as he reached the peak - he almost stopped. His tires were spinning, and all I could think was - This is not going to be good. After about 15 seconds, he made it over the top. Now it was our turn. I got a good run at the hill, and this time we made it. But we did slow down from 60km/hr to 15km/hr by the time we reached the top.

We made it home, safe and sound. A fun and exciting day !

No comments:

Post a Comment