I hope this BLOG is a blessing to you! Have a great day! Tim

Monday, February 21, 2011

Two meanings - what do you choose?



I can remember one of my friends who use to quote this verse - Revelation 12:11a 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony - If you are reading this, thanks for making and continuing to make an impact John.

The word OVERCOME has two different applications. You can be overcome with fear, circumstances, & life. If this application is you, you will be feeling down, defeated, and hopeless. Then there is the other application. If you are the one who Overcomes, you are rejoicing, victorious, and visionary. You see, I choose to be the second. Not because of what I can do. Not because of my talents. Not because of my life circumstances. It is because of Who I believe in. There is a bigger picture friends. A bigger goal.
A lot of times I believe that we are overcome (in the negative) because we are striving for worldly goals. More money, bigger houses, nicer cars. To what end? Anxiety, stress, depression.
Instead I should be choose to focus on what the Lord has done for me. That is why I posted this song earlier to my Facebook profile. It makes me think. Really think. Here's the thing - you listen to the song, and it is beautiful. But do you know that they are singing scripture? Yes that's right, scripture. It's a song of triumph, a song of victory. I have used "The Message" translation to describe the background of this song. Please read then listen to the song. Enjoy :)

7-12War broke out in Heaven. Michael and his Angels fought the Dragon. The Dragon and his Angels fought back, but were no match for Michael. They were cleared out of Heaven, not a sign of them left. The great Dragon—ancient Serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, the one who led the whole earth astray—thrown out, and all his Angels thrown out with him, thrown down to earth. Then I heard a strong voice out of Heaven saying,

Salvation and power are established!
Kingdom of our God, authority of his Messiah!
The Accuser of our brothers and sisters thrown out,
who accused them day and night before God.
They defeated him through the blood of the Lamb
and the bold word of their witness.
They weren't in love with themselves;
they were willing to die for Christ.
So rejoice, O Heavens, and all who live there,
but doom to earth and sea,
For the Devil's come down on you with both feet;
he's had a great fall;
He's wild and raging with anger;
he hasn't much time and he knows it.
Revelation 12:7-12


Blessings Friends,
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment