I hope this BLOG is a blessing to you! Have a great day! Tim

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Clean - up from the snow.

Not as much snow as expected -but there was still a 3 foot high drift the entire length of my driveway. Heard some thunder this morning when it was snowing, that is always cool. Last time I remember thunder snow was December 27, 2007. Then it all melted - fast.
I wonder what my neighbour is going to think when he and his wife get back from the south? I put several stakes with orange on them to  stop snow being blown from the parking lot onto my trees and yard - salt, sand are not very good for blue spruce tree. The branches get broken and when the snow leaves they have huge spaces missing out of them. There is a vacant lot right beside the parking lot and all the operator has to do is make a couple extra passes....anyways, back to my neighbour....He has a small utility trailer in his back yard, or at least he use to have one....between the tractor from the one lot and the blower from the other lot...it is totally buried, so are several other of his items. we'll see in the spring if the axle is still straight, probably not.
I went over to dad's to blow out his driveway and so I had to load my snow blower in the back of the truck. I thought I'd back up to the snow bank, drop the tailgate and drive it into the back...it didn't work. But I want to thank a stranger for helping me. He stopped his car and helped me lift it into the back of the truck. Still lots of nice people around!


The plow just went past...11:30am, so I guess it's time to clean the end of my drive again. Stay safe everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment