I hope this BLOG is a blessing to you! Have a great day! Tim

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Batten down the hatches....here comes the snow !

A large flock of Snowbirds is often a sign of an approaching storm
A storm is on it's way. A big storm. But we are due. It's been a few years since we've had a large snow storm. Down around London, they have actually issued a blizzard warning - first one since 1993. I remember that storm. I was at Sir Sanford Fleming and I had an early morning class. Mom and dad let me use the Sunbird for that week. I remember driving down the streets and pushing snow with the front bumper. I couldn't stop at stop signs for fear of not getting started again. I actually got stuck at one 4 way stop and there were a couple students walking by...I asked for a push and in return I gave them a ride to school. Good bartering :) 
So what will tomorrow bring? Snow, wind, drifting, canceled buses - those are all a given. What I don't like hearing about is the accidents. If the roads are bad - stay at home. You may miss a days pay, but you'll be alive...and maybe just maybe you'll not take someone else's life either. And don't forget about the emergency workers that have to go and rescue people from stranded, stuck or crashed vehicles...let's not put them in danger also. Stay safe everyone...oh...by the way - I saw one of the largest flocks of snowbirds that I've ever seen before on Sunday...An old wise tale that when you see snow birds a storm is on the way??? I think not :)

No comments:

Post a Comment