I hope this BLOG is a blessing to you! Have a great day! Tim

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Men's retreat

Step into the water - wade out a little bit deeper
What a day yesterday was. I left for Strathroy at 6:45 am. The radar showed that it was snowing down south, so I wanted to leave in enough time so I wouldn't be late. The radar didn't lie. From Elginfield to Strathroy - 60km/hr. But fortunately there was no wind, just snow. I got to the church right at 9am.
It was an amazing day. About 120 men from all over southern Ontario gathering to have fellowship and worship. Evangelist Chuck Price was the speaker. Bold, and straight to the point. He spoke on David's mighty men and their accomplishments in the morning and in the evening he spoke on Ezekiel wading into the water, first his ankle deep, then knee deep, then waist deep...his challenge to us was - "are you willing to take the plunge and go into the water that is over your head !" Very timely word.
The ladies at the church made a great lunch and a very nice dinner. when all was said and done I made it home by 8:15pm. I hit the hay by 9:30pm. It was a long day, but a refreshing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment