I hope this BLOG is a blessing to you! Have a great day! Tim

Thursday, January 6, 2011

What a wonderful day Wednesday was :)


On Boxing day I had the pleasure of speaking at my home church – Whites Road Pentecostal in Harriston Ontario. Excerpts from the sermon I did are in my first 2 blog posts. But the reason I tell you this is not to get you to read my previous Blogs, but to show you how God works....
Wednesday was “one of those days” You know the days when everything seems to break, nothing works out right and bad news abounds...well that was my Wednesday. I was awaken at 4:20 am to a large tractor behind my house clearing the 2 cm's of snow that we had in the last 24 hours...Yes 2 cm's & 4:20 am...I went to work and had a tote of Oats fall off my forklift...1200 lbs of oats to be exact...a full tote is 2200 lbs and they are very stable, but when you have half a tote, they are not very stable and their centre of gravity shifts...very easily... The clean up went quick, and a couple of the guys at work chuckled a bit...no harm no foul.
I went home at lunch and opened an e-mail – it was the type of e-mail that takes the wind out of your sails...but in the large scene of things it isn't bad, just another bump in the road for me. To top it off, the flu has been nipping at my heals the last week...I've only lost 1 day in bed over the last week, but today was a blah day....
Then it happened...I was setting up the bagger at work and the Lord spoke to me...He said, “Now are you going to live what you preached?”
You see, a week and a half ago I preached “Pray or Complain – the choice is yours” and today, when trouble arose I had a choice to make. I stopped what I was doing, and asked the Lord for strength. I then started to sing “Great and mighty is the Lord our God, Great and mighty is He”...lol...yep, sing....there is so much noise in the plant that my voice just blended in with the other banging and clanking pieces of machinery.
The rest of the day went pretty good...but then again, no day ever has lasted for ever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment