I hope this BLOG is a blessing to you! Have a great day! Tim

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

...300 years ago...



I finally caved in and got my “Pleasure Craft Operating Licence” I've been boating since before I could walk, but since it is the law now, I want to make sure that everything is above board – pardon the pun. I've never driven a jet ski or personal water craft – and I don't think I ever will. I like to fish. A 14 foot aluminium boat with a 9.9hp outboard engine, that's good enough for me. Some of my best memories are when I was on the water.
To me, when I am out on the water it's not about catching fish – it's about quiet time. Fresh air blowing, bright glistening sun, the sound of the waves lapping against the hull of the boat is a symphony to me. And if a fish happens to hit my lure then Great! If not, Great !
I can remember working at my aunt and uncle's grocery store one summer a couple decades ago. They had a cottage a few miles from the house, and almost every spare moment I had, I was on the water. A lot of the time, I'd go by myself. 4, 5, or 6 hours would pass and I loved it. I'd look at the cottages on the shore. Most were still closed because summer hadn't started yet. No speed boats roaring by, no loud music blaring across the lake, and no mosquito’s. I'd reflect on what the lake would have looked like 300 years ago. Trees coming down to the lake shore, beaches without trash on them, rock cliffs untouched by spray paint, blue sky untouched by jets, crystal clear water with no mercury, no PCB's, or heavy metals...it would have been absolutely beautiful.
But that is just me, I like to let my mind dream...my own little paradise – a safe place to retreat and rest my senses.
Have a great day friends

No comments:

Post a Comment