I hope this BLOG is a blessing to you! Have a great day! Tim

Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Challenge has been issued...A time to grow !!!

a couple spring flowers in my flower bed

Today I was challenged by Pastor Pitts. He challenged us to "Study God's Word, Read more of God's Word, Chew on God's Word !!!" That's exactly what I needed. I've been focusing on reading the Bible more. And not just reading, but reading and asking the Spirit of God to help me understand. So much truth, so much guidance is in that Book.
There is one site that I just adore and I though i should share it with you. I can do my Bible reading right on-line if I desire. http://www.biblegateway.com/ enables me to read scripture in several (23 English) translations. Whether it be in the New Living Translation, King James, New International Version (1984, and 2010 versions), Amplified, or New American Standard....they are all there.
When I was just 10 years old, my grandfather passed away. He left me his 6 Version Parallel New Testament. I use to read that every night. First in one translation, then another, then another and when all 6 were finished, I prayed.
I encourage you – read your Bible. If you don't have one, use the link that I provided...get into a pattern, a habit of either starting or finishing your day reading God's Word.
Have a great day! Enjoy the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment