I hope this BLOG is a blessing to you! Have a great day! Tim

Monday, January 10, 2011

Birds, birds everywhere, on the ground and in the air...

A few wild Turkeys outside of Drayton

If you know me, you know that I enjoy taking a drive with the family in the country. Looking for wildlife and maybe even getting a photo. Sometimes I have the privilege of stopping the truck, getting the camera out and getting that one shot. This weekend we saw lots of wildlife, but it's hard to get the “perfect” shot. We did see a Snowy Owl outside of Clifford, a Rough Legged Hawk near Ayton, a few Red Tailed Hawks and lot of Wild turkeys. We saw the turkeys outside of Hanover, Harriston, Listowel, Drayton and most were very close to the roads.
One creature still is alluding me though...the European Hare...aka the Jack Rabbit. When I was young, dad and I used to go Jack hunting. Driving down the back roads, looking for where the tracks end in a field...then looking for some ears sticking up. Or you look for the lone tree in the field, there will always be a drift of snow around it...look there.
Ah, but it is fun looking, and maybe soon I'll be able to show you the elusive Jack Rabbit :)
Have a great day !

No comments:

Post a Comment