I hope this BLOG is a blessing to you! Have a great day! Tim

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Whirlpool of Life - What can I do?

Have you ever watched a whirlpool? When on the outside of it, it takes a long time to make a complete revolution. The closer you come to the middle, the fast things rotate. The force increases, it gets harder to escape. I think that life is like a lot like that. Troubles can happen when you are on the outside of the whirlpool, but they are few and far between. They don't really bother you. Then they become more frequent, more sudden, more unexpected. The whirlpool tightens. As it tightens, you have to act quicker, you have to be stronger, you have to have to come up with a plan. Sometimes it takes that spinning, faster and faster, before you are forced to cry out for help. Just look around us today. Gas is up 18% in a couple weeks, food is going up 5-10% in the next few months, the housing market is close to being on another bubble, HST has added more tax on virtually everything, hydro prices continue to climb (another 45% in the next 5 years). Emergency - I don't think so. You want an emergency, here is one....30,000 Children are going to starve to death today.
My plan for battling this: Commit everything you do to the Lord.Trust him, and he will help you. Psalm 37:5
You notice that it says Commit everything that you "DO"... There are always options -  downsize the house, sell one of the vehicles, de-clutter,... help my brothers and sisters instead of just talking about it.
We'll see - Like I said - I'm committing everything, trust Him and I know he'll help :)

No comments:

Post a Comment