I hope this BLOG is a blessing to you! Have a great day! Tim

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Trust in your father

My youngest son is just a little over a year and a half. I love watching him walk around. Each day, he walks better. He's trying to run now...trying.  One thing that I love is taking him for a walk. I lower my hand, he grabs a couple of my fingers and a way we go. As we walk, he looks up at me, smiling. He knows that he is secure. He knows that if he stumbles, I won't let him fall. He has confidence in me.
I can imaging that king David had a similar experience. Walking with his children, directing their path. The reason that I say this is because as I read Psalm 37, that is the imagery that pops out at me. A father walking with his child. Carefully watching, carefully directing, carefully protecting.  Now lets take it one step further - Our Heavenly father looks at us as His children. he delights as we trust Him. He is concerned about out lives. He is there for us. Psalm 37:23-24 says "The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.  Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand."
Today, reach out to Him. Grasp His hand. Trust in His leading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment