I hope this BLOG is a blessing to you! Have a great day! Tim

Saturday, March 5, 2011

A long drive - an investment in my son :)

Lighthouse on Chantry Island - Southampton

Today, my son and I went on a road trip. It was raining - about 45mm in the last 24 hours - and I was a little stir crazy. We decided to go to Hanover (saw turkeys in a field), stopped at Tim Hortons for an ice cap,Walkerton, Paisley, Port Elgin, (Ice covering the beach), Southampton(lighthouse above), stopped at McD's for some fries and a pop, Hepworth, Sauble Beach, Kincardine, Mildmay, Clifford and then back home. We encountered rain, drizzly, fog, snow, sleet, ice pellets and lots of flooded fields. It's colder now, snowing outside, water is freezing up, so it's going to slow the thaw down. It was nice to go for such a long ride with my son. We got to talk a lot. Just listening to how he feels life is treating him. Some people will say, what a waste of time going for a drive - wasting gas. Well I think that it was an investment in my son and not a waste of time or gas. It was fun.

Ice in Port Elgin

Turkeys outside of Hanover

No comments:

Post a Comment