I hope this BLOG is a blessing to you! Have a great day! Tim

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Blood Donation - COMPLETE

This morning I saw an advertisement for a blood donor clinic in town. 2pm until 8pm. I thought, "I should really go." Someday I may need a blood transfusion. Not only that, but I have seen first hand what a help a blood transfusion does. If it had not been for blood transfusions, several members of my family would not be here today. Not only that, but I am O Negative. In other words, I'm a universal blood donor - anyone can use my blood. On the other hand....because I am O Negative, I can only receive O Negative blood. In other words, unless someone else that is O Negative gives blood, I'm out of luck. 
It's been about 15 years since I've given blood. A lot has changed. I'm impressed.It took all of 45 minutes. Initial sign in, iron check, part one of questionnaire, part two of questionnaire with a nurse, blood pressure, sit in a reclining chair, needle goes in, blood comes out, go have some cookies and juice...and it's done. The most painful part was when the tape tore hair off my arm, the needle didn't hurt at all.
I'm looking forward to the next clinic I'm available for...I can give blood in 56 days ! After April 07, I'm good to go !
I told the ladies that I'd advertise for them - here is the Canadian Blood Services website http://www.blood.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment