I hope this BLOG is a blessing to you! Have a great day! Tim

Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Dream of Free Education - for everyone

One of the many Universities in Ontario

Well, I'm sitting at home, sun shining outside (it was -27 C this morning) and I'm a little under the weather. The one thing that I don't like about feeling this way is that my mind wanders....Have you ever wondered "What if...?" I started to think about schooling, learning, and education. I don't have the answers on how to provide education for everyone - even better though would be able to provide education for everyone for free. A futile goal, to say the least...but at least I can dream...


Where would we be if education was free?
Knowledge being shared instead a costly commodity.
Minds being stimulated in ways never known.
Wisdom being shared and seeds being sown.
Who was the first person that thought - "I can charge a price,
For expressing to others what I've learned in life."
It just seems so wasteful to me,
To charge an elect few instead of enriching many.
Imagine the advances when people could study
What they really love and aren't charged money.
The youth on the street, the person in the field
Cancer being conquered, the sick being healed.
Each person has potential, though most don't reach it
While many want to learn, money is required to teach it.
How can this change, I really don't know
But I still ask the question and wonder it so.

2 comments:

  1. the government could pay for it like other countries do. my father worked at the university for years. he found out other countries would send their students here to be taught and they would pick up the tab, providing they kept their marks at about a (B) average.if they had bad marks the free ride was over and their country would haul them back home. i'm quite sure our country as rich as it is could do the same. it's a shame to see such valuable resources as our youth to be undereducated because they didn't have enough money to pay the tuition! stupid really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Dave, there are creative solutions to the problem.

    ReplyDelete