I hope this BLOG is a blessing to you! Have a great day! Tim

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Don't worry about tomorrow...tomorrow will bring its own worries !

How's your day been? Mine has been ok. My youngest son and oldest daughter are on antibiotics to fight infections that they both have. But they are doing fine. I just keep looking up. This song keeps coming to my mind. Some of you may know it, others may not ever have heard of it before. Either way, the lyrics are ageless. I know that some songs aren't played anymore because they are old fashioned...but I'm not going to debate musical style. That is not what tonight's blog is about...it's about truth. So here is the song...

I KNOW WHO HOLDS TOMORROW


By Ira F. Stanphill 
I don’t know about tomorrow, I just live from day to day; I don’t borrow from its sunshine, For its skies may turn to gray. I don’t worry over the future, Fore I know what Jesus said; And today I’ll walk beside Him, For He knows what is a head.

Many things about tomorrow
I don’t seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand.

Every step is getting brighter As the golden stairs I climb;
Every burden’s getting lighter, Every cloud is silver lined.
There the sun is always shining, There no tear will dim the eye,
At the ending of the rainbow. Where the mountains touch the sky.

Many things about tomorrow
I don’t seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand.

I don’t know about tomorrow, It may bring me poverty;
But the one who feeds the sparrow Is the one who stands by me.
And the path that is my portion May be through the flame or flood;
But His presence goes before me And I’m covered with His blood.

Many things about tomorrow
I don’t seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand.

I really think that the author really knew his Bible. The scripture that keeps coming to me is from Matthew 6 - when Jesus was teaching....I have put a few versus below. 

That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life— whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?
  “And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?
 “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
  “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today. Matthew 6:25-34

Words to live by. Have a great evening!

2 comments:

  1. one of my favourite songs! Soooo comforting! Tim, I am enjoying your blog so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement Melinda.

    ReplyDelete