I hope this BLOG is a blessing to you! Have a great day! Tim

Friday, December 31, 2010

My life in 2010, my future in 2011

Some of the Barley we rouged

Well it's the last day of 2010. It has been an interesting year to say the least. Changes overwhelmed me this year. And for you that know me, I don't adjust to change very well...but we'll get back to that later... I started a new career in the agriculture industry. It has intrigued me...agriculture...One thing that I always have noticed is that the Bible is so full of agriculture imagery. And because of my new job, it has become more alive and relevant. Quite a change from what I was doing for the previous 10 years working in a factory.
I now know the process of cleaning, grading, packaging, planting, husbandry, harvesting and storing wheat, oats, barley, and soy beans. It is very labour intensive. My first 3 months I piled close to 60,000 (55 lbs) bags of seed...but I lost over 40lbs I feel better than I did 20 years ago!
This summer I had the privilege of supervising 19 of the brightest, honourable and dedicated students a person would ever want to work with. They were my fellow rougers. We worked the fields, walking close to 20kms a day for the summer months. Making sure that the grain was the purest as possible. Needless to say, the CFIA passed every field that we worked in on the initial inspection and at the highest grade possible.
It was during this time that I began to realize that God was calling me to become closer to Him. The majesty of His creation stared me in the face every day. I realized how blessed I am to live in Canada. I remember saying to the students...”Do you realize how blessed we are. Here we are, walking in the sunshine, and not having to worry about unexploded mines or bombs under our feet. In a lot of other countries, farmers are regularly killed or maimed while doing exactly what we are doing.”
Nothing like putting things into perspective :)
All this time, my family was and continues to be very supportive of me. It was a big change for them also.
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment