I hope this BLOG is a blessing to you! Have a great day! Tim

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Reality Check... for me


There is a lot of dead animals around. I am not sure if it is just because it is spring and all the grass has yet to grow? And the thing is, I'm not talking about the regular road kill - groundhogs, raccoons, and the odd deer.
Just in the last week I saw a coyote about 40 feet off the road, dead. It's light gray coat standing out in stark contrast to the brown forest floor. It just looked like it was sleeping. It's legs underneath, and it's head lying to the side. 
deceased coyote in the forest

Then, the other night, there was a dead calf. It looked like the coyotes had dragged it to the side of the bush. And last night, there were 4...yes 4 deer skeletons at the side of the road within 10 feet of each other. 
4 deer skeletons on the edge of a bush

Makes me wonder what happened to these animals? I do know that they probably didn't think when they awoke that that would be their last day on earth.
A couple verses keeps coming to my mind - they are found in James 4:13-15 Look here, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit.” 14 How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog—it’s here a little while, then it’s gone. 15 What you ought to say is, “If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that.”
So many times, I find myself planning...thinking that I am in control. Then I get a reality check. Sometimes all it takes is a drive down a back road or a walk through a bush to see how quick life really is...an interesting reality check.

No comments:

Post a Comment