I hope this BLOG is a blessing to you! Have a great day! Tim

Saturday, May 21, 2011

It's never too late to start over.

The higher you fly, the smaller your problems become

I like to look at Biblical history and then make a life application from it. Today I want to look at a figure that has intrigued since I was a child. The man called Samson. It can be found in the Bible - Judges chapters 13 through 16. 
If any of my pastoral friends want to use these points, feel free - I think that this will preach :)
Instead of putting the 4 chapters in my Blog, I invite you to read them at home. Here is the link in a very easy to read version - New Living Translation - of the Bible. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=judges%2013%20-%2016&version=NLT As you are reading, look for these points below. Then you can expound on them and create your own dynamics.

What can we learn from Samson's life?

1. Great strength in one area of life does not make up for great weaknesses in other areas.

2. God's presence does not overwhelm a person's will

3. God can use a person of faith in spite of his or her mistakes.

4. Sampson's story teaches us that it is never too late to start over.

5. No matter what we have done in the past, today is not too late for us to put our complete trust in God.

Have a great day friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment