I hope this BLOG is a blessing to you! Have a great day! Tim

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thunder, Lightning, Hail, Rain...Spring in Ontario


What a day....first thunderstorm warnings..then it came. The sky went black, the wind ceased to exist...all was calm. Off in the distance the scenery was disappearing. It looked like fog rolling in. No, not fog, rain, and lots of it. The rain started, the wind picked up - then came the boom...then another. Thunder was rolling, lightning was flashing..and the sound of "ping, ping, ping" was being heard. "Ping, Ping....ping?"....Hail...bouncing off of the front windows. Quickly I went into the front rooms and closed the curtains. I figure that it would at least help a bit if the glass broke. First it was small hail, then about the size of peas...it ended up being about the size of marbles. It flattened my flowers in the flower beds. It covered the lawn - but no other damage. The vehicles were ok, the house windows were ok and the glass patio table was ok. Almost as soon as it started, it was over...about 5 minutes total.

I thank the Lord that it was not as severe as it could have been. I think of Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia this morning...all have been hit very hard by tornadoes. 173 people had their lives taken last night alone in the Southern United States. My prayers go out to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment